The Oporto Golf Club is considered one of the oldest golf courses in Continental Europe.
The Oporto Niblicks was started in 1890 by a group of British players involved in the business of Port Wine who created a makeshift Links of nine holes. The original course was called St. Skeff Links in honor of its first President and it was mainly made up of sand, some native grass and greens, with Par 43.
Mr. Skeffington was a highly respected personality among the English community in Porto and he was the first President of the Club. He gave his name to the oldest uninterrupted competition in the history of Golf still played nowadays. (Skeffington Cup)
In 1900 a new “Links” with 9 holes was designed and it was built a little further south of the original field. In the same year the first “Club House” was built and the name changed to Oporto Golf Club.
20 years after, nine more holes were designed and in 1934 the full 18-hole Course with characteristics of Links and par 73 was inaugurated.
3D Course Flyover. Google Images Oporto Golf Club
Sign up and access Wanapgolf exclusive content.
Watch the course's hole videos, access the course guides and more exclusive content.Sign up