Miramar Beach, located ten kilometers south of the Douro River, met the requirements for the project of creating a golf course. The chosen land strip stretched along the coastline, starting at the dune that meets with Senhor da Pedra Chapel in the North until the beginning of the Aguda beach in the south, Along with other golf enthusiasts and benefiting from the empathy of the local authorities, it was finally possible to establish, in 1932, the Club de Golf de Miramar, a lovely links course, inspired in Scotland’s first links courses.
From that time until now the club progressively developed in what it is now, a well-established and competitive golf course and a traditional club, resisting and evolving through the years. The course hosted the 1966 to 1969 Portuguese Open Championships, the equivalent to a modern day European Tour event.
Frank Gordon hired the famous golf course architect Mackenzie Ross for the original layout design. Later, it was redesign by the none less famous Howard Swan to become one of the most challenging nine hole courses in Europe, laying out along the lovely Atlantic coastline. Club de Golf de Miramar celebrated it’s 75 year anniversary in 2007.
3D Course Flyover. Google Images Miramar Golf Club
Sign up and access Wanapgolf exclusive content.
Watch the course's hole videos, access the course guides and more exclusive content.Sign up